When it is cold outside, nothing warms you up like a delicious cup of coffee or hot chocolate. Long Island has a variety of cafes where you can grab a drink and a snack, and spend some time soaking in the culture and atmosphere. Here’s a list of cafes where you can get a quality hot beverage fix this fall.
Fresco Creperie sells Belgian hot chocolate and coffees. The coffees are fantastic because they complement the crepes.
Kookaburra Coffee is a hip place to buy a hot beverage. If you have a sweet tooth, you must try the hot chocolate, chewy cookie and crumb bar.
This café has wonderful hot beverages and many sweet treats. The Bonfire Mocha is a fan favorite. It is made with toasted marshmallow syrup, steamed milk, espresso, cinnamon and mocha.
The Campfire Cocoa is a crowd-pleaser during the holidays. It has marshmallow syrup, milk chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and marshmallow fluff.
Toast Coffeehouse serves a variety of hot beverages and brunch dishes. Their hot chocolate recipes are one of a kind. You can order four different kinds of hot chocolate, including:
- Salted caramel hot chocolate
- Peppermint mocha hot chocolate
- Raspberry flavor hot chocolate
- Toasted coconut hot chocolate
North Fork Roasting Company
You will find artisanal drinks on the menu at this café. The camp-style hot chocolate is great for kids; it has a homemade marshmallow topping.
The hot chocolate at Aldo’s is made from fresh chocolate bars. Many people order it with scones.
If you like options, check out Urban Coffee on Broadway. When you order coffee here, you can personalize it with different spices. Urban Coffee has fantastic non-dairy drinks too.
Yottabyte sells hot drinks and candy. You can either buy the hot chocolate alone or with a side of ice cream. The chocolate is made from ethically produced coca, so it has a very bold flavor.
Quick Start Guide for Hot Chocolate Lovers
If you need help picking the right drink, use this chocolate guide.
- White Chocolate: White chocolate is very delicate. It has floral notes and a light texture.
- Milk Chocolate: Milk chocolate is thick, rich and sweet. Kids love it because it is very chocolatey. A traditional milk chocolate beverage is made with vanilla and caramelized sugar.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate contains sugar and chocolate liquor. It is a healthy option because it has less sugar than milk chocolate.
- Cocoa Power: Hot chocolate enthusiasts prefer natural cocoa powder and Dutch cocoa. Natural cocoa powder is light and acidic, and it has a pronounced chocolate flavor. Dutch cocoa has a milder flavor and no acidity, and it blends better with milk.
- Bitter Sweet Chocolate: Bittersweet chocolate has an earthy flavor. It is more bitter than semisweet dark chocolate.
Visit these Long Island Cafes and get cozy with a hot drink during the cold fall. If you want to buy a home in New York, contact Lynx Mortgage Bank LLC.