Five Essentials to Hiring a Moving Company.
Hiring a reliable, honest and dedicated moving company for your next move will make your move less stressful and more efficient. In this guest post by our friends at Verity Van Lines, we’ll show you the five essentials to hiring a moving company.
- Get referrals: Talk to friends, neighbors and others you trust if they know of any moving companies they would recommend. If they do give you a recommendation, be sure to ask follow up questions such as: “How did it go?” “Were there any problems or things that bothered you?” and “Is there someone specific I should contact?”
- Do your research: Check each company’s Better Business Bureau Rating. You should accept nothing less than an A+ rating. Scan online reviews on sites such as Google, Facebook, Yelp and ReviewBuzz — these will give a good picture of past customers’ experiences. Finally, make sure that every mover you look at is fully licensed and insured.
- Get estimates: Narrow your choices down to three movers and have them perform an in home estimate. Make sure both you and the take a thorough item inventory of all rooms. All three estimates should match, so you have a true “apples to apples” comparison. Also make sure to write down some notes about your impression of the estimator — did he or she appear knowledgeable and professional? Many times you can tell a lot about a company by evaluating its employees.
- Review each estimate thoroughly: Make sure that a moving company’s representative has signed the estimate. Make sure that all estimates clearly indicate exactly what is being moved, and where everything is going. All additional services or special considerations should be clearly marked.
- Final Review: Review everything one more time. Double check each company’s credentials and see if they belong to reputable national and local moving associations that have high membership standards.
If you use essentials listed above, you’re bound to be satisfied with your move. If you have any questions, or would like an in home estimate, please feel free to call Verity Van Lines at 516-785-7620.
Have a Question? We’re here to help.
Simply fill out the form below.
[contact-form-7 id=”805″ title=”Blog Contact Form”]