Join the Lynx Mortgage Bank Team
Since 2004 Lynx Mortgage Bank has been providing superior, customer-focused mortgage services for our community, and we’re looking to add talented and passionate men and women who want to learn grow and build a strong career.
Why Lynx Mortgage?
Very few lenders can match our ability to fund and close loans. We offer a complete suite of in house services, a strong commitment to customer service and a wealth of products to help borrowers meet their needs.
A Career with Lynx Mortgage is the Perfect Opportunity to Learn and Grow.
- Competitive compensation: Commission, hourly and salaried positions offer highly competitive compensation.
- Health benefits: We offer a variety of health care packages to fit your specific needs.
- A friendly, growth oriented environment: Grow your career, and learn along slide the best team in the mortgage industry.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment. We recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all positions regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age or disability.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume, along with a cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mortgage Loan Originator
- Originate mortgage and related loan applications; develop long term referral relationships with realtors, builders, bankers, and other sources in order to proactively solicit business and conduct sales-related activities, frequently outside of the Bank locations, in order to meet specific loan volume origination goals
- Process self sourced and bank branch sourced loan applications.
Collect, examine and evaluate financial and personal data in order to pre-qualify, counsel and recommend appropriate residential lending products to applicants.
- Receive loan applications, review application information and obtain specific supporting documents needed/required based on loan investor guidelines, and submit properly completed loan application packages to processing and underwriting for approval.
Correspond, communicate and coordinate with applicants, in-house support staff and outside service providers to facilitate timely loan processing and closing.
- Actively participate in all bank’s mortgage and mortgage related product sales campaigns and promotions and exceed targets set
Successfully complete all mandatory training assigned in a timely manner
- Coach branch staff in the proper compilation of loan packages and on mortgage and related product features and sales techniques.
- Support and encourage team approach to serving assigned branches
- Understand and comply with all applicable Bank’s policies and procedures as well as governing laws and regulations.
Qualification & Pre-requisites
- 3+ years of external/outside retail mortgage loan origination experience with an emphasis self sourced business
- Ability to establish referral partner relationships in the market (e.g., realtors, builders, attorneys, financial advisors or CPAs)
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage related products, procedures, and the government rules and regulations pertaining to them
- Excellent customer service skills with the availability to assist customers on evenings and weekends
- Willingness to work in a fully commissioned sales environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain programs, loan terms, features, policies and benefits to customers and business partners
Mortgage Loan Officer Trainee
Lynx Mortgage Bank is hiring! We are currently recruiting recent college graduates to enter a Mortgage Loan Origination Training Program. The role will be based out of either our Westbury or Manhasset location on Long Island.
- Complete MLO training modules.
- Complete NMLS training and obtain NMLS license.
- Perform marketing duties, to include but not limited to networking with realtors.
- Gain familiarity with loan processing operations.
- Gain familiarity with marketing operations.
- Build and Maintain a CRM system and actively make calls to meet daily and weekly quotas.
- Complete Mortgage regulatory, AML, and other mortgage-industry required training.
- Complete Code of Conduct, Preventing Harassment, and Preventing Discrimination training courses.
- Maintain requisite knowledge to perform job requirements.
- Seek innovative alternatives for performing assigned duties.
- Work independently and work effectively with team members to achieve department growth.
- Demonstrates a background and/or strong interest in the Financial Services industry.
- A recent graduate or final year student in a full-time undergraduate program.
- Cumulative or Major GPA of at least 3.5 preferred.
- Strong candidates will possess strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company.
Entry Level Mortgage Loan Processor
Lynx Mortgage Bank, LLC is a full service mortgage banker, licensed with the New York State Department of Financial Services. Lynx specializes in providing responsive and personalized service to help its clients obtain the dream of home ownership. The role will be based out of our Westbury Location on Long Island.
- Set up new loans in the system including generating credit reports
- Ensure appropriate RESPA pre-disclosures are sent out within 3 day window
- Prepare adverse action letters for denied loan files, as well as cancel aged loans out of the system
- Assist Processors in their daily functions
- Set up new loan or update loan entries in automated systems within established timeframes; including pulling credit reports and sending out the appropriate pre-disclosures to the borrowers
- Print out conditions on loan files and present the information to the appropriate individuals to have the conditions reviewed
- Communicate with Loan Officers to obtain necessary loan conditions
- Complete employment and residence certifications
- Complete processor certifications
- Pull flood certifications
- Respond to customer requests for miscellaneous documents
Education and Experience Requirements
- 0-2 year of mortgage experience
- Bachelors Degree from a undergraduate college or university
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong proofreading skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Candidate must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to work under pressure and independently
- Able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines with quality in a fast-paced environment