Selling your home for the first time? Here’s what you need to know!
Selling your home for the first time? You’re ready to move your family to a new beautiful home in a neighborhood you’ve fallen in love with. Unfortunately, before you pack your belongs and go, you’ll need to sell your current home. You may feel lost not knowing how to go about this, but have no fear — below are some basic guidelines to help you through the process:
- Make a careful analysis of your market: Find out what homes are selling for in your local area. This will give you a good idea of your home’s value.
- Find a qualified real estate agent: Unless you truly know what you are doing, find a real estate agent you can trust. Many sellers begin listing their homes by themselves and then switch to an agent when they haven’t succeeded. This delay wastes valuable time and money.
- Be competitive: Determine what you’ll end up with after the sale, taking into account items such as marketing, closing costs and commissions. Never overprice your property — the longer your house stays on the market, the less you’ll get.
- Market your property: Take great photos of your home and write a detailed description that will help potential buyers visualize their prospective new home.
- Stage your home: De-clutter rooms, add a fresh coat of paint where needed and make your home look as open and attractive as possible. This will create a more inviting atmosphere for potential buyers.
Good luck on selling your home for the first time, and remember, when it’s time to secure a mortgage for your new home, always use a highly qualified mortgage banker. If you have any questions, please share them with us in the form below.
Have a Question? We’re here to help.
Simply fill out the form below.
[contact-form-7 id=”805″ title=”Blog Contact Form”]
Lynx Mortgage Bank LLC
143 Post Avenue, Westbury, Ny 11590 (877)599-LYNX (5969)
Licensed Mortgage Banker: NYS Department of Financial services